Friday, May 2, 2014

Getting there


After much careful watching and prodding, I am hopefully declaring Copper to be abscess free. I hope.  I can’t tell for certain, and I think that’s partly why I am so stressed over this wound. 

Wither wounds are quite serious due the nature of their placement.  There is no easy way to tell externally (without x-rays or scans) whether there is any infection or crud pooling down below the surface.

So far we have had no temperatures, tenderness, lameness, redness/puffiness around the wound, or general “off-ness”. The wound flesh is pink and healthy looking, as well as closing over quite rapidly. I am 85% sure everything is healing as it should be, but there is 15% of me that seems to be convinced that something insidious is brewing under the surface where I can’t see it, or feel it. 

I don’t know why I am so paranoid about it? Usually I can just do the whole ‘wait and see’ thing quite well, but maybe it’s due to the sudden appearance of the wound without any particularly satisfactory reason that I know of.

Anyway, I’m still keeping a weather eye out for any further trouble… In the mean time, the pon-pon is enjoying the spoiling, so I guess that’s something! :P

See ya,

bonita

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks L! I still holding my breath a bit, but things do seem to be going well.

      Delete

Post share buttons